The more we talk
the more i feel.
its hard to walk
when things are surreal.
i cant handle
my inner candle
is just blazing.
i want to tell
you whats inside.
but im afraid youll scream and yell
then run and hide.
to put my feelings on the shelf.
youre my best friend
and so much more.
my hand, i lend
to help open the door.
this is a battle
of heart and mind.
i hope i dont rattle
and fall behind.
'i need you'
is an understatement.
i wish my heart could be sent.
feelings for your
best friend are not right to do.
but i can feel it in my core,
i love you
Bobby Pask's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An understatement by Bobby Pask )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 August 1896 - 9 March 1947)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- A Winter Poem, Leslie Philibert
- Angry all the time, Kelly Shanks
- nutmeg needs attention, Havilah
- All Creatures ‘Life Matter, Hebert Logerie
- The Highest Weight Bearing Beam, Michael P. McParland
- This Worthless Beast, Michael P. McParland
- Nothing Matters, Michael P. McParland
- What I Saw When I Came (in 10 words or l.., Holly Wotherspoon
- Unwanted, Michael P. McParland
- Wandering Wasteland, Michael P. McParland