The more we talk
the more i feel.
its hard to walk
when things are surreal.
i cant handle
my inner candle
is just blazing.
i want to tell
you whats inside.
but im afraid youll scream and yell
then run and hide.
to put my feelings on the shelf.
youre my best friend
and so much more.
my hand, i lend
to help open the door.
this is a battle
of heart and mind.
i hope i dont rattle
and fall behind.
'i need you'
is an understatement.
i wish my heart could be sent.
feelings for your
best friend are not right to do.
but i can feel it in my core,
i love you
Bobby Pask's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An understatement by Bobby Pask )
- A weirdo, Amgad Samy
- an act, Billie Lynn Minear
- engulfed in your flesh, Billie Lynn Minear
- recyclops, ramon lvdiaz
- Ideal or Real, immanuel santos
- clear as mud, Mandolyn ...
- Burma war, lee fones
- Nexus in open, hasmukh amathalal
- There are veins of gold embedded, Little Eagle McGowan
- Yours Desire for High Sky, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The City Planners, Margaret Atwood
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1927)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)