The more we talk
the more i feel.
its hard to walk
when things are surreal.
i cant handle
my inner candle
is just blazing.
i want to tell
you whats inside.
but im afraid youll scream and yell
then run and hide.
to put my feelings on the shelf.
youre my best friend
and so much more.
my hand, i lend
to help open the door.
this is a battle
of heart and mind.
i hope i dont rattle
and fall behind.
'i need you'
is an understatement.
i wish my heart could be sent.
feelings for your
best friend are not right to do.
but i can feel it in my core,
i love you
Bobby Pask's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An understatement by Bobby Pask )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Essence of world peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- love heals, Hyeladai kwapaya
- Republic day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Heart of a Broken Hearted Girl, Serenity Anderson
- PH: Life: Black On White, Brian Johnston
- Experiencing Peace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Have you lost your ways?, gajanan mishra
- Whose Fault is This?, Luo Zhihai
- Vibrations Of Spirituality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- RAFA, douglas scotney