AN ODE TO LOVE
AN ODE TO LOVE
Love resides in the temple of a loving heart,
Both they live together in a room very small,
Eat, drink, dance, play and pray.
Like birds, lilies, sing prayer in silence calm.
When divine romance starts, light shines,
Soul baths in love, spiritual discourses start.
When fiery desire of love illumines the shrine,
Dressed up in a beggars’rags, lover sings under stars.
No one can slay love, none can burn love,
No one can drown love, none can destroy love.
O love! Birds with broken wings cannot understand you.
O dream! Wanderers of barren fields don’t know you.
O soul! Kissing lips touch and depart,
Lovers’ names remain eternal on lips by far!
MATLOOB BUKHARI's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (AN ODE TO LOVE by MATLOOB BUKHARI )
- Never feel alone, hasmukh amathalal
- Last Words Played, michael walkerjohn
- Death is certain, hasmukh amathalal
- The Little Men, michael walkerjohn
- Furthest Right, michael walkerjohn
- Political Correctness, michael walkerjohn
- Shiva Stotram, umaprosad das
- THE SEASON, michael walkerjohn
- Far away, Gert Strydom
- THE DOMINIS, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns