AN ODE TO LOVE
AN ODE TO LOVE
Love resides in the temple of a loving heart,
Both they live together in a room very small,
Eat, drink, dance, play and pray.
Like birds, lilies, sing prayer in silence calm.
When divine romance starts, light shines,
Soul baths in love, spiritual discourses start.
When fiery desire of love illumines the shrine,
Dressed up in a beggars’rags, lover sings under stars.
No one can slay love, none can burn love,
No one can drown love, none can destroy love.
O love! Birds with broken wings cannot understand you.
O dream! Wanderers of barren fields don’t know you.
O soul! Kissing lips touch and depart,
Lovers’ names remain eternal on lips by far!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (AN ODE TO LOVE by MATLOOB BUKHARI )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Screwed for Life Club, Francie Lynch
- Let's Celebrate Life, Roxanne Dubarry
- Descendants, Akhtar Jawad
- The Heart Of A Poet, arshad arshad
- Have You Seen The Bizarre And Grotesque .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Know Like Flowing Water, Naveed Akram
- Elvis Presley, lee fones
- Catching fish, gajanan mishra
- How Do They Play The Wooden 'Been' Instr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dogs' country, Daisy Pereira