AN ODE TO LOVE
AN ODE TO LOVE
Love resides in the temple of a loving heart,
Both they live together in a room very small,
Eat, drink, dance, play and pray.
Like birds, lilies, sing prayer in silence calm.
When divine romance starts, light shines,
Soul baths in love, spiritual discourses start.
When fiery desire of love illumines the shrine,
Dressed up in a beggars’rags, lover sings under stars.
No one can slay love, none can burn love,
No one can drown love, none can destroy love.
O love! Birds with broken wings cannot understand you.
O dream! Wanderers of barren fields don’t know you.
O soul! Kissing lips touch and depart,
Lovers’ names remain eternal on lips by far!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (AN ODE TO LOVE by MATLOOB BUKHARI )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Impossibility, Tanya K.Tuomi
- An Unemployed Machinist, John Giorno
- C a s t l e ~of~ S p i r i t s..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- I Change, Rimni chakravarty
- Life Be Too Short For 'o Ruing..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Bless You Always, Michael P. McParland
- ' The Misunderstanding Of Poetry..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Earth's work of heart, Roann Mendriq
- Poem for Gushungo, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- A Cheaper Way To Fly, Darren Hobson