AN ODE TO GREED
AN ODE TO GREED
I have seen the monster of greed burning fire in human hearts.
I have seen ruthless oppressors chained in weed and greed.
I have seen insatiable wants, made many cultures perished.
I have seen powers, upsetting cities not for freedom but greed.
I have seen hungry brothers eating carcass of their brothers.
I have seen voracious rich always in want, lonely in loneliness.
I have learnt from Ameer ul Momineen, Ali ibne –Abi-Talib.
A greedy is like a silkworm wrapped in cocoon, dies of grief;
If he possesses two valleys of gold, he will long for one more;
Greed causes grief; greedy eats, his hunger never gratifies;
Neither he achieves his cravings nor can exceed destined life.
Love his master who said: “In old age, greed becomes young.”
I have seen men on deathbed incognizant of God’s grace:
Empty-handed they came; empty-handed they left arena.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (AN ODE TO GREED by MATLOOB BUKHARI )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez
- I am the paradise, gajanan mishra
- Non-Belief and Nothing, douglas scotney
- Is poem everything?, gajanan mishra
- Universal Creed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chalo na phir shuruyaat krte hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Kaise mai ye likh deta hoon! !, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Final Frontier, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reproductions Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak