An Occulted Flux
...Nobody knows, not even if they want to...
I stand upon cold pavement.
Black and rough... like my heart.
I kick a nearby stone, it rolls away.
I wish I could do that too...
...Rushing away, the stone rolls...
I look down the metal can by my feet.
rusted and clangy, like bells.
I reach into my pocket, the metal within.
Feels cold, like ice... a never melting ice...
...Rusted and cold, relics of a past...
I smell the air, clear but of an urban nature.
I watch to my left as vehicles pass quickly.
Completely unawares of what will happen next...
...The black cold is coming, he is due...
I stare at my hands, tools... tools that shall have one final.
I lean down and pick up the metal can... I remove the lid.
Raise and pour, its contents spill over me.
Reach into my pocket, grab the metal.
Pull it out, and ignite...
...'My final is here... now for my last trick'...
'Forgive me Father for my sins, I wish absolution.'
Morgan Siegel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (An Occulted Flux by Morgan Siegel )
- Resistance To Change, Is It Poetry
- The Pirate's Lament, Alex Dubedat
- Live Life Smiling, Elizabeth Garcia
- Quiet Dave, Adeosun Olamide
- We Are That, Tushar Ray
- Old-Fashioned Cosmology, douglas scotney
- Dreamt Of You 3, Michael McParland
- That's When You Do It, douglas scotney
- Freedom in Love's Prison, Paul Hartal
- Gun Propaganda, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 March 1941 -)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)