An Incomplete Meadow Song
Is it best to leave words unsaid?
Would that be the correct movement?
Is it the most soothing path to take
When an unruly heart breaks?
It is my wish to speak of a meadow song
That was never fully arranged.
Some parts came together before long,
But it was never truly ordained.
Bad weather rejected the artist proper sight,
Thus he was left to compose at night.
When it was over, the Sun was perceived too bright
To merit believing its light.
Hence, he traveled with the storm,
Selecting sorrow as treasures to adorn
His meter and fever for scorn
All through to the morning.
When he awoke, he spoke, but was unable to believe
That his words lacked coherence in the breeze.
He cursed the faraway Heavens as a fiend
And chased eternally.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Incomplete Meadow Song by Edwin Cordero )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1618 – 28 July 1667)
- leticia s david
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(November 9 - 1937)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- Luggage, Kirsty Higginson
- There Is No Place For True Contributor, Pijush Biswas
- Bachchon ka ghar बच्चों का घर, S.D. TIWARI
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty