An Incomplete Meadow Song
Is it best to leave words unsaid?
Would that be the correct movement?
Is it the most soothing path to take
When an unruly heart breaks?
It is my wish to speak of a meadow song
That was never fully arranged.
Some parts came together before long,
But it was never truly ordained.
Bad weather rejected the artist proper sight,
Thus he was left to compose at night.
When it was over, the Sun was perceived too bright
To merit believing its light.
Hence, he traveled with the storm,
Selecting sorrow as treasures to adorn
His meter and fever for scorn
All through to the morning.
When he awoke, he spoke, but was unable to believe
That his words lacked coherence in the breeze.
He cursed the faraway Heavens as a fiend
And chased eternally.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Incomplete Meadow Song by Edwin Cordero )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Don't Know If History Repeats Itself, Yehuda Amichai
- Limerick: There was a young person whose.., Edward Lear
- school, logan dillie
- THE MOMENT (BARACK HUSSAIN OBAMA’S INAUG.., sania harris
- Account, Czeslaw Milosz
Poem of the Day
- Winds Of Winter, Luo Zhihai
- Uncle Styopa part2 by N. Mickhalkov, Yuri Starostin
- Secret Loves, Sandra Feldman
- Structural Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Winter, Sara Grace Je'tom Bradley
- Life's trash, Yisel Chong
- I Just, Michael P. McParland
- What She Is, Levi Crum
- I Am So Tired, Michael P. McParland
- Sacrafice, Levi Crum