An Honest Answer
How do I feel?
May I answer in a prayer.
Sick in the heart but well in the head
Why sick in the heart, pray tell, I ask.
For this is such an arduos task.
Then go for a journey and fill a flask
Go their quietly, but do not ask
For man does many a thing from his soul
That’s money well spent, on the whole.
Come back and return with a smile,
But tell no one of your miles.
For no one will ask
No one will tell
No one but yourself of your lonely hell.
Charles McMullen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Honest Answer by Charles McMullen )
- Fly Away, Gerry Legister
- Good For Nothing (Fun Poem 161), David Harris
- I Went, Vera Sidhwa
- Se(lection), Tony Adah
- Octopus, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fill Yourself, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moving Along Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Gift, Michael McParland
- Between Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Transcending Life On Earth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)