An Honest Answer
How do I feel?
May I answer in a prayer.
Sick in the heart but well in the head
Why sick in the heart, pray tell, I ask.
For this is such an arduos task.
Then go for a journey and fill a flask
Go their quietly, but do not ask
For man does many a thing from his soul
That’s money well spent, on the whole.
Come back and return with a smile,
But tell no one of your miles.
For no one will ask
No one will tell
No one but yourself of your lonely hell.
Charles McMullen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Honest Answer by Charles McMullen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- two green tomatoes smashed in the street.., Mandolyn ...
- Your Home., Kala Cain
- An Exotic Song, Kawa Karpo
- Worshiping with Deer, Bill Grace
- Serves Right, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- To My Best Enemy, Electric Lady