Lines written at the request of a young lady and inserted in a mental Album.
We looked over the book, it was in form of questions and auswers. One
of the questions was 'who is your favorite poet?' We were quite amused
to find a number of different persons had written in answer, 'McIntyre.'
We believe that the most of them were joking, but we hope to inspire them
With loftier idea of our poetic power in the future.
In this Album you may trace-
If not the lineaments of face-
Here, at least, you will find
Photographs of the mind.
Some in earnest, some in fun,
some do lecture, some do pun ;
Here the maiden and the youth,
Each proclaim some precious truth.
And there is some fine pages-
Written by maturer ages-
They show that time is brief,
That soon comes sere and yellow leaf.
But we must cease, 'ere your ire
Be aroused 'gainst McIntyre,
Who doth reside in Ingersoll-
you'll think that he is droll.
James McIntyre's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Autograph by James McIntyre )
- Life, Proud SugarBoe
- When You Had Left, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A riddle poem, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Help me please, Nassy Fesharaki
- Math Love, Jack Spurlock
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #13, Brian Johnston
- More Precious Than Gold, Erato
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #12, Brian Johnston
- The Thatch Hut., Tony Adah
- This Creature is So Strange, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)