Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen
An Attempt To Love
My sweetheart is a little jinni
Full of pleasure, tears and warmth.
I am to find a way to train her
I am the magician who was burnt alive to the death.
My sweetheart is a lofty date palm
Full of dates, dreams and dove nests.
I am to find a way to climb it
I am the disabled whose foot has been cut by a shot.
My sweetheart is a deep song
Full of drums, tambourines and the bloom of youth.
I am to find a way to hear it
I am the Van Gogh who offered his ear
As a gift to his mocking sweetheart.
My sweetheart is an apple orchard
Full of dates, desire and sparrows.
I am to find a way to steal it
I am the thief from whom Time
Stole the bag of his innocent childhood.
My sweetheart visits me,
While sitting on my humble chair every day,
Loaded with the crown
And the brilliance of the crown.
I am to find a way to praise
Every jewel of her crown.
I am the poet who likes to praise
Only women's crowns
And women's brilliance.
Visits my puzzlement every day.
She is full of vagueness, legends and puzzles.
I am to find a way to clear her legends
And high vagueness
I am the spellbound the jinni stole his talismans
In the swimming pool.
Visits me every day
Loaded with the figure seven
And its signals, confusions and screams.
I am to find a way to capture it
Because of a Gilgamesh shout
Or a Pharaoh dream
Or a Babylonian error in arranging the days of the week.
Comes to my broken door every day
Full of desire, flirtation and meaninglessness.
I am to find a way to fill her dream
To kiss her flirtation
To release the birds of her meaninglessness
Into the cloud of my horrifying meaning.
Comes every day
With her Alif that looks like my Alif
And with her Ya that looks like my Ya
With her suffering that looks like mine.
I am to find a way to stop
The lost of her letters and mine
The confusion of her letters and mine
Even if I were forced to fire at all letters!
Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Attempt To Love by Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen )
- Surprising Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Endless Sea, Curtlan Popo
- Hoping For The Best, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 'what color is it? ' they thought, after.., Mandolyn ...
- mary the narcoleptic shepherd, joni frog
- First Encounter - khairy Jamaluddin, john tiong chunghoo
- Laugh And Chuckle, Harold R Hunt Sr
- In success, hasmukh amathalal
- You are not allowed, gajanan mishra
- Liaison, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)