Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen
An Attempt At The Bullet
I had a heart
When I grew up
My heart turned into a sparrow
Then into a flower,
A piece of bread.
When I became older
My heart turned into a steel bullet,
Cold and smooth.
Once I tried to protest against this change
The warplanes saw my heart from a distance
And sent a rocket at me.
It blasted me from inside
So, I fragmentized … fragmentized
Until I saw the sparrow dropping
With one wing,
And I smelt the flower red and red.
With the word, I wrote my tear and bread
And I touched the bullet;
It was as cold and smooth as death.
Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Attempt At The Bullet by Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen )
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai
- Stand Small, Von Kimball Barney
- This Friendship Has Sunk, Francie Lynch
- Smiling, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Desperation and Suicide, Is It Poetry
- Journey Rythms, Tony Adah