Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen
An Attempt At The Bullet
I had a heart
When I grew up
My heart turned into a sparrow
Then into a flower,
A piece of bread.
When I became older
My heart turned into a steel bullet,
Cold and smooth.
Once I tried to protest against this change
The warplanes saw my heart from a distance
And sent a rocket at me.
It blasted me from inside
So, I fragmentized … fragmentized
Until I saw the sparrow dropping
With one wing,
And I smelt the flower red and red.
With the word, I wrote my tear and bread
And I touched the bullet;
It was as cold and smooth as death.
Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Attempt At The Bullet by Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- In search of singularity, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- I am real, gajanan mishra
- God-Love The Great Sugar Cube, Monk E. Biz
- Guiding Through Turmoil, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cosmic luvgasmacomastoned! ! ! ! ! ! ! !.., Monk E. Biz
- Love, love, love, gajanan mishra
- Tunnels Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Weeping Under The Rain, Tony Adah
- EVEN More Cosmic Than That~~~, Monk E. Biz