Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen
An Attempt At Seeing
Tears besieged me as a tank besieged
A blind man in the wilderness.
Tears of forty-years old are a superstition.
Music in tears is childhood.
Dance in tears is the extremist madness.
The letter in tears is my poetry,
O blind man.
How did I get lost ? How ?
Who threw me in the fathomless vale
Buried me in the desert,
Planted me in the belly
Of a lost cloud ?
Who made me run
Behind the sun's tail to the death ?
When would my language stop delirium ?
It is you .. you
Who celebrate my death
And forget yours.
It is you
Who is lost in my body and time's body.
Have you given heed to tears ?
Have you given heed to death at the door ?
And to love breaking down like a mountain of snow ?
Have you given heed to your tears ?
After I had spent seventy centuries
In appearing in the sun's tail
That was full of blood, dust, and moan
I found nothing but words, words, and words.
Words of tears,
Letters of tears,
Dots of tears.
What made me so lost ?
Do tell me !
O, my age !
O, mountain of tears
Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Attempt At Seeing by Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen )
- My nature is to write, gajanan mishra
- Two Rings, Shannon Paterson
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
- Multi-dimensional; heavens?, Mark Heathcote
- Watch, ramesh rai
- You Know I Do, Michael McParland
- Drowning, Neela Nath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)