Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen
An Attempt At Seeing
Tears besieged me as a tank besieged
A blind man in the wilderness.
Tears of forty-years old are a superstition.
Music in tears is childhood.
Dance in tears is the extremist madness.
The letter in tears is my poetry,
O blind man.
How did I get lost ? How ?
Who threw me in the fathomless vale
Buried me in the desert,
Planted me in the belly
Of a lost cloud ?
Who made me run
Behind the sun's tail to the death ?
When would my language stop delirium ?
It is you .. you
Who celebrate my death
And forget yours.
It is you
Who is lost in my body and time's body.
Have you given heed to tears ?
Have you given heed to death at the door ?
And to love breaking down like a mountain of snow ?
Have you given heed to your tears ?
After I had spent seventy centuries
In appearing in the sun's tail
That was full of blood, dust, and moan
I found nothing but words, words, and words.
Words of tears,
Letters of tears,
Dots of tears.
What made me so lost ?
Do tell me !
O, my age !
O, mountain of tears
Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Attempt At Seeing by Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Yes, Mother Nature Teaches Bards..., Dr John Celes
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- In the Absence of Light, F. J. Thomas
- Give me a drink, Diana Rosser
- White Power, F. J. Thomas
- Sweet Dreams, Sambanath Denis
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi
- continue counting..., Mandolyn ...
- the tail of poet, ademola oluwabusayo
- the way of the world, ademola oluwabusayo