Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen
An Attempt At Seeing
Tears besieged me as a tank besieged
A blind man in the wilderness.
Tears of forty-years old are a superstition.
Music in tears is childhood.
Dance in tears is the extremist madness.
The letter in tears is my poetry,
O blind man.
How did I get lost ? How ?
Who threw me in the fathomless vale
Buried me in the desert,
Planted me in the belly
Of a lost cloud ?
Who made me run
Behind the sun's tail to the death ?
When would my language stop delirium ?
It is you .. you
Who celebrate my death
And forget yours.
It is you
Who is lost in my body and time's body.
Have you given heed to tears ?
Have you given heed to death at the door ?
And to love breaking down like a mountain of snow ?
Have you given heed to your tears ?
After I had spent seventy centuries
In appearing in the sun's tail
That was full of blood, dust, and moan
I found nothing but words, words, and words.
Words of tears,
Letters of tears,
Dots of tears.
What made me so lost ?
Do tell me !
O, my age !
O, mountain of tears
Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Attempt At Seeing by Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Peace will prevail..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Divine Vs Divination, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Richmond Explodes, John Allen Richter
- Solomon's empire, hasmukh amathalal
- Restart, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- A Naat A warning Paposh Hayn Hum, Akhtar Jawad
- Values, Luo Zhihai
- TRUTH DEVOURING, Michael P. Johnson
- Dreams Money Can Buy, Ravinder Dhaliwal
- a Fading Torment, Tim Labbe