Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen
An Attempt at Joy
I reached out my hand to God
To what is permissible by God.
When He looked at me with all his mercy
That wraps everything
He did not place gold in my entreating palm
Nor silver dinars.
He placed nothing but a little letter
It glittered with hope
Like the feast of an orphan child.
When God looked at my thirsty tear
And my smashed heart
He sped up to put a dot
In the middle of the letter.
So my heart became full of gold and silver dinars
Become full of wisdom, joy and love.
Thus, I was a desert and the letter a camel.
Thus, I was a loss and the dot a meaning.
Thus, it was my case until I had a fill.
Thus, I flew together with my camel
I flew like a cloud of light.
Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Attempt at Joy by Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Stupid Illusion, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Por Ti Soñaré, Prophmatt . . .
- The color of love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Nightmare, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Love and Peace, Akhtar Jawad
- Waiting for someone, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Net of Death, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Man for Man, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lost Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Invisible wall, Zillur Rahman Shuvro