Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen
An Attempt at Joy
I reached out my hand to God
To what is permissible by God.
When He looked at me with all his mercy
That wraps everything
He did not place gold in my entreating palm
Nor silver dinars.
He placed nothing but a little letter
It glittered with hope
Like the feast of an orphan child.
When God looked at my thirsty tear
And my smashed heart
He sped up to put a dot
In the middle of the letter.
So my heart became full of gold and silver dinars
Become full of wisdom, joy and love.
Thus, I was a desert and the letter a camel.
Thus, I was a loss and the dot a meaning.
Thus, it was my case until I had a fill.
Thus, I flew together with my camel
I flew like a cloud of light.
Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Attempt at Joy by Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- صرخة ألم, Sossi Khachadourian
- chibok girls, ademola oluwabusayo
- Inaudible Words, Naveed Akram
- Russell's Loss, Paul Hartal
- Truth Lies - Kid's Stuff -howtobuilddefe.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Man I Met, Buxton Shippy
- The Penance Of Unguarded Selfishness., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Plants Hurt, Naveed Akram
- My love for my birth land, binod bastola
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's 'Tru.., James B. Earley