Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen
An Attempt at Hamlet
A cloud of innocence,
Tell me; how did the whole world
Accumulate in your body,
Then get lost in water?
Tell me; how was my father murdered?
How did my mother release the snake
At my childhood's birds?
How did the ghost lead me to the ghost?
And death to the flood?
Your moony body is my age's elegy.
Thus let me, like an orphan child
Whose feast garment is stolen,
Cry at you.
Let me explore your fresh body
To know the secret of madness and delirium.
Let me explore your forehead
To know the secret of rain.
Let me explore your fingers.
To know the secret of joy
Let me explore your slim belly
To know the secret of childhood and assurance.
Your mythical beauty tortured me every day
Until it led me to the exiles of words.
Your saliva delighted me
As a magician who gets delighted with the thunderbolt.
Thus hug me
Before the last drop of my blood
Will pass away like you.
Before the water eats me.
Ophelia extended her hands to me.
But once I kissed her luxuriant fingers,
Then they turned to daggers and insults.
Once I kissed her charming breast
Then the devils and elfs came out
And surrounded me all around.
Once I kissed her lips,
Then the snake appeared to me
And made me drink the poison
In order to die... forever.
Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Attempt at Hamlet by Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE SWIMMING POOL الب.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aemulus, Arik Fletcher
- Take it all it's entirely all for you baby, Mark Heathcote
- Confused Sea Gods, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- A Cookie Jar, Heather Burns
- Anger, Steve Gregory
- THERE MUST BE A CURFEW ON ALL CATS GLOBAL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Coincidence is hope for a non-believer, Jorge Rolon
- Love's Expression Escorting Me Into a Nu.., wanderer sailor
- Receding From Depleting Beliefs, Lawrence S. Pertillar