An Attack on the Psyche
Too many tragedies now occur
in this land of the free and the brave.
Do you think it's Mother Nature's cry
for the way we do behave?
Tornadoes that rip up people's lives
and hurricanes ruining the shore,
wild fires completely out of control
and droughts like never before.
Makes you stop and think to yourself
'Why is this happening now? '
Global warming? Cyclical change?
Or Armageddon upon us?
Whatever the reason, it seems like
we're on a runaway bus
that doesn't know where it's heading
and it's affecting all of us.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Attack on the Psyche by Edwina Reizer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Words, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Am I Asking Too Much, GJG Elton
- Perfection, Marina Olivera Sangers
- GroundSound, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Bukowski, Frank Avon
- The wish of the fish, Marina Olivera Sangers
- The shadows, Marina Olivera Sangers
- My Precious, Melissa Bange
- Dayspring, Frank Avon
- A Lonely Princess, Steve Kittell