krishnakumar chandrasekar nair (1964 and doing pretty good.. / Thiruvalla, Kerala)
An atheists humble prayer
Under the bright arc lights
Before the anesthesia slowly takes over
And the hooded doctors seeming smile
The atheist casts aside his vows
And fervently prays for forgiveness
To the powers that “may be”
To take care of his body
When he “briefly”, ceases to be
And later on if he survives
Praise the surgeon and his science
For keeping his atheism going......
krishnakumar chandrasekar nair's Other Poems
- A Cyber Potato's Life
- A love affair that never was....
- A poets funeral
- After you stopped talking to me....
- An atheists humble prayer
- And I remember that night........
- Annual Assessment Report......
- Big bash weddings
- Cancer ward Trivandrum
- Convicted politicians poem (for corrupti...
- Dead puppy - wailing bitch
- Dear Mother......
- Death In Harness
- Election Time
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.