Ohayo, students of the Classical Institute of Music! This is your principle, Kishimata-san. I trust all of you have worked hard over the weekend. I have some news for you all. This year will be slightly different from the previous two; we will also hold a concourse.
First of all, I’ll start with the most important subject; in which everyone one of you will have to part-take in, in order to proceed to the next stage of music; your year-end Exams at the beginning of May (in 1 ½ more month(s)) . You will be tested in Music Harmony, Music History during certain time periods, Musical Composition if you take the extra course and your own instrumental exam, whether it’s keyboard, string, or woodwind. The last subjects of the Exam will be testing your sight-reading ability and your aptitude to connect with the music, for example; the composer’s style, meaning, and his message. Remember, there isn't just one correct answer, because everyone has different musical relations.
After the Exams, at the end of May, we will hold the concourse. We will choose the participants accordingly, with the best musicians participating. This year, we are limiting the contestants to twelve applicants. First, second, and third place will have the opportunity to partake in a two month long music camp from July to September; receiving comments and master classes with many of the world’s prodigious instrumentalists.
Lastly, at the end of June, all of you will perform a chosen composition(s) of your choice. I advise you to start preparing your piece(s) now. This concert will display your achievements and the approaches/attitude/ and the feelings you possess for your selection and instrument. We will have several guest artists visiting and playing. Do appreciate the time you have left to prepare for your Exam, the concourse, and the Concert.
After all this, you will be assigned several new pieces by either by your choice, or your instructor’s. Please do remember to select a Baroque, a Classical/Romantic, and Contemporary piece along with a masterpiece of your choice, NOT your teacher’s.
Saved for the very end, I will now announce the several artists who will have demonstrated their skill to be able to play with our orchestra:
1) Kira Ahika
2) Etou Kaminkisha
3) Mari Tsuzuki
4) Lili Kishimoto
5) Osaki Yamashika
Thank you for your participation and passion for music,
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (An Announcement by Cassandra Jasmine )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- A sunflower soul, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- BFF - dOnE - playing kEtCh uP, sEaN nOrTh
- A 360 turn, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- an i like you that way - sweetest thing .., sEaN nOrTh
- Longing, Michael P. McParland
- The Home Here And Hereafter., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- American As Apple Pie?, carol carter
- The Final Litmus Test, michael walkerjohn
- The ascent of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- no one's favorite..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi