An Angel in Disguise
A child lost and all alone,
Kneels down to pray 'God take me Home'.
He asks for help to find his way,
But nobody gives him the time of day.
In a darkened alley, a man on the ground,
Asks 'Spare some Change'? As he gazes down,
With soiled clothes and a look of shame,
Still a child of God, He has a name.
In the silence of the night you hear her scream,
Your neighbors interrupt your dream,
But this time it would be too late,
If only you did not wait.
The same child absent from school again,
A classmate asks 'Please help my friend',
The bruises will help tell the story,
Of he who's life is all but glory.
If a day should ever come,
When God questions what you've done,
Be proud if you can truely say,
I lent a hand in every way.
For you never really truely know,
What Gods plan is when we go,
One thing we should realize,
Is that those in need may be an Angel in Disguise.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (An Angel in Disguise by Lisa Runstedler )
- Oatmeal, Frank Avon
- Blackpool in a gale, sheena blackhall
- Tonight, Frank Avon
- To Eat, or Not to Eat, Frank Avon
- Hot Flashes, Mitzie Holstein
- Late and Soon, Frank Avon
- My Mermaid Muse, Erato
- A Zulu Kingdom, Margaret Alice Second
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- On Raglan Road, Patrick Kavanagh
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)