An Angel in Disguise
A child lost and all alone,
Kneels down to pray 'God take me Home'.
He asks for help to find his way,
But nobody gives him the time of day.
In a darkened alley, a man on the ground,
Asks 'Spare some Change'? As he gazes down,
With soiled clothes and a look of shame,
Still a child of God, He has a name.
In the silence of the night you hear her scream,
Your neighbors interrupt your dream,
But this time it would be too late,
If only you did not wait.
The same child absent from school again,
A classmate asks 'Please help my friend',
The bruises will help tell the story,
Of he who's life is all but glory.
If a day should ever come,
When God questions what you've done,
Be proud if you can truely say,
I lent a hand in every way.
For you never really truely know,
What Gods plan is when we go,
One thing we should realize,
Is that those in need may be an Angel in Disguise.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (An Angel in Disguise by Lisa Runstedler )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- WILD FLOWERS ARE PRETTY FLOWERS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- WILD FLOWERS ARE PRETTY FLOWERS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DOUBLE-FACED PEOPLE ناس بوشين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Young Priest, Old Priest, Donal Mahoney
- Till Twilight at Jamia Millia, Riyaz Yamish
- Night Life, Kwadwo Botuo Gyimah
- The Soul Of My Country, Tony Adah
- Down By The Sea, Lilly Emery
- Black Willow, Lilly Emery
- - Let Me -, Aparna Chatterjee