An Angel in Disguise
A child lost and all alone,
Kneels down to pray 'God take me Home'.
He asks for help to find his way,
But nobody gives him the time of day.
In a darkened alley, a man on the ground,
Asks 'Spare some Change'? As he gazes down,
With soiled clothes and a look of shame,
Still a child of God, He has a name.
In the silence of the night you hear her scream,
Your neighbors interrupt your dream,
But this time it would be too late,
If only you did not wait.
The same child absent from school again,
A classmate asks 'Please help my friend',
The bruises will help tell the story,
Of he who's life is all but glory.
If a day should ever come,
When God questions what you've done,
Be proud if you can truely say,
I lent a hand in every way.
For you never really truely know,
What Gods plan is when we go,
One thing we should realize,
Is that those in need may be an Angel in Disguise.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (An Angel in Disguise by Lisa Runstedler )
- Money is not always honey, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Broken Promises, Ronald Chapman
- Death and final farewell, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Sion's Sonnets, Francis Quarles
- Here is the morning, gajanan mishra
- Reflection, dee villa
- Your Old Poems, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- A basket, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sonnets, Francis Quarles
- Not all politicians, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)