Above my head the stars shine bright,
beneath my feet the pavement coarse.
In a chaotic world not feeling right,
I scream and curse, my throat is hoarse.
A sea of hurt, waves break upon me,
I am dragged away from shore,
I gasp for breath struggling to be free,
so weary now, fear soon I'll be no more.
But in my life's darkest hour,
an angel swoops into view.
She fills my soul, with love and power,
My angel, my love, my you!
Jojoba Mansell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Angel by Jojoba Mansell )
- Yellow Lake, Kazuko Shiraishi
- IF only I were A Dove!, FOEVERAMI JOHNSON
- Gust, Kazuko Shiraishi
- Hunger, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My Tokyo, Kazuko Shiraishi
- We fall....TO RISE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- LOSS....MANY, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Alchemies, Aleda Shirley
- LAST SONG, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- ETERNAL LOVE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 October 1923 – 20 December 1997)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)