Above my head the stars shine bright,
beneath my feet the pavement coarse.
In a chaotic world not feeling right,
I scream and curse, my throat is hoarse.
A sea of hurt, waves break upon me,
I am dragged away from shore,
I gasp for breath struggling to be free,
so weary now, fear soon I'll be no more.
But in my life's darkest hour,
an angel swoops into view.
She fills my soul, with love and power,
My angel, my love, my you!
Jojoba Mansell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Angel by Jojoba Mansell )
Poem of the Day
- I Remember, I Remember, Thomas Hood
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(1886 - 1967)
(November 9 - 1937)