Above my head the stars shine bright,
beneath my feet the pavement coarse.
In a chaotic world not feeling right,
I scream and curse, my throat is hoarse.
A sea of hurt, waves break upon me,
I am dragged away from shore,
I gasp for breath struggling to be free,
so weary now, fear soon I'll be no more.
But in my life's darkest hour,
an angel swoops into view.
She fills my soul, with love and power,
My angel, my love, my you!
Jojoba Mansell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Angel by Jojoba Mansell )
- Neon Sign, Richard Provencher
- The Sex Offender, Is It Poetry
- somebody buried glass in the middle of t.., gordon nosworthy
- How You..., abigail sikwenda
- In That Moment, abigail sikwenda
- My dance of seven veils, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Explosive True, sallam yassin
- If They Could Talk, Oh!, Luis Estable
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY WORD ليس عندي اية كلمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beaufort Docks, Kyle Schlicher