An Amusing Find
I went and found myself a muse
one revered in the ancient hymns,
her presence small and spirit bright.
I cannot refuse her slightest whims.
I fell in love with what I found,
she was far; yet, within my reach,
it was the contact of that touch
that bound my flesh and winsome speech.
It wasn't conquest that I sought,
just love, not war, this truth survives,
my words that pageant throughout time
complete surrender best describes.
The words I write are slowly formed
lettered by years of silent mind
that listened deep and rarely spoke
you now awoke with lessoned time.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Amusing Find by Captain Cur )
Did you read them?
- hope, SALINI NAIR
- Writing Is Like Human Sex, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To Jean Redpath, mary douglas
- ...A LOVE SONG, Ken e Hall
- The destiny, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Chibok Girls, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Sab bhar kiya tha..., Azhar Sabri
- Taqraar mohabbat me..., Azhar Sabri
- In Joyous Distress, Margaret Alice Second