Captain Cur (England)
An Amusing Find
I went and found myself a muse
one revered in the ancient hymns,
her presence small and spirit bright.
I cannot refuse her slightest whims.
I fell in love with what I found,
she was far; yet, within my reach,
it was the contact of that touch
that bound my flesh and winsome speech.
It wasn't conquest that I sought,
just love, not war, this truth survives,
my words that pageant throughout time
complete surrender best describes.
The words I write are slowly formed
lettered by years of silent mind
that listened deep and rarely spoke
you now awoke with lessoned time.
Poet Other Poems
- 2 To The 5th Power
- A Composition Of Rare Feminine Art, Not ...
- A Composition of Rare Feminine Art, Pian...
- A Lighted Tower
- A Pirate and a Poetess
- Adagio, love poems
- Adventure of Two Captains, Ashland Castl...
- Adventures of Two Captains
- Adventures of Two Captains to the Heart ...
- Adventures of Two Captains, Fall of A, P...
- Adventures of Two Captains, Part 9
- An Amusing Find
- Armored Hawk of War
- Beauty Fathomless, love poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.