Rose and fell
Through a live livid night
Like billowing sands
By an oasis
Dusting away the clothes
Crime and punishment
Concealed in the shifting sands
To no particular rhythm
They ran berserk like
A stray dog on heat
How long is it
That you changed
The stinking flowers
In the vase on the corner table?
Oh, they're perfumed imitations?
Salute to you, Cavafy!
Ye too, Anna Karenina!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Abstraction by indira babbellapati )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Attach importance, gajanan mishra
- Silent Death, Adewale Ajakanri
- Not enough, hasmukh amathalal
- Diamond Gems, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lost and Found, Anthony Di'anno
- reaching for your hand so i don't get lost, Mandolyn ...
- Share to walk, hasmukh amathalal
- Okay okay I said, gajanan mishra
- Friends are there, hasmukh amathalal
- In deep, hasmukh amathalal