Rose and fell
Through a live livid night
Like billowing sands
By an oasis
Dusting away the clothes
Crime and punishment
Concealed in the shifting sands
To no particular rhythm
They ran berserk like
A stray dog on heat
How long is it
That you changed
The stinking flowers
In the vase on the corner table?
Oh, they're perfumed imitations?
Salute to you, Cavafy!
Ye too, Anna Karenina!
indira babbellapati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Abstraction by indira babbellapati )
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck
- Turn Your Back, Tyrone Gayle
- My name is Death, Roxanne Dubarry
- Paleolithic Mermaid, Robert Rorabeck