Rose and fell
Through a live livid night
Like billowing sands
By an oasis
Dusting away the clothes
Crime and punishment
Concealed in the shifting sands
To no particular rhythm
They ran berserk like
A stray dog on heat
How long is it
That you changed
The stinking flowers
In the vase on the corner table?
Oh, they're perfumed imitations?
Salute to you, Cavafy!
Ye too, Anna Karenina!
indira babbellapati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Abstraction by indira babbellapati )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rockin' Socks and Paradox, Monk E. Biz
- Love dale, SALINI NAIR
- Ghost, Jhonas Lumanlan
- Eagerly I want to go with you, Gert Strydom
- Prayer and Women, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Love is far more than just lust or desir.., Gert Strydom
- Lie To Me, Rouren Torres
- The Fight, Robert Melliard
- Paying Taxes, Randy McClave
- हांमा गोनां जिव, Bahadur Basumatary