Maybe just another,
''It's time to go to work.'' she says.
'' Ha! your no longer bemuseingly quiet. '' I quip
She starts to sway a little to and fro.
''Come on, now work before play.'' she says
'' I've got many things to say, '' so goes her lament.
'' You can make it two!
Why not tempt eternity? ''
The melting cubes
are my high tide
making froth out of my
Sea shells collect in whirlpool
snares between swells
of reasoning and dissonance
'' That the best you can do? ''
she mulls over my shoulder,
''Second grade at best! ''
Your going to miss me when I go,
'' Oh! no no no...''
Three card slam
Everything is wild
But the Queen of hearts
'' Been done, don't go there! ''
I turned and looked my muse
up and then down
... oh? you can do better?
'' Move over fool and watch a muse master at work: ''
In the blackness of my soul
I sit listening to far off thunder
as inside it also rolls
For long long seconds
There is no sound
Then begins a rumble bound
Quick flashes does my mind's
Hind sight cause flashes white
of truth hidden by the night
It is perhaps then I stir
And begin to think of you
A soul's prick as if a burr
Then the truth will flash
And I slow count to ten
Before I hear the rumble within
Then comes a calm
No more flash or sound
I have buried my thoughts under ground
''I don't know, '' I slowly say
'' Maybe by the morrows' light
I'll have a say. ''
Then with a stare that caused the fluids
in my glass to freeze...
she simply was then wasn't there.
Midnights Voice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Amusement by Midnights Voice )
Did you read them?
- i multi-task hard for you, Mandolyn ...
- Gridlock, Polarization And Shown Indiffe.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Similar yet different, Nassy Fesharaki
- Early To Bed, Michael McParland
- Burnt Offerings, John Tansey
- On the Day Isaac Lay Upon the Rock, Guillermo Veloso
- 567, Mandolyn ...
- A Painful Extraction, Greg Costello
- Never Conquering Friendship, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At shoes' stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Heather Burns