Lovely princess of life,
She, the genuine beauty of existence!
Nary is her kind rife,
For she is the wild and the garden in the fence!
Beloved's voice is the music of the breeze,
By night on my bed I see the silver lining of her eyes in the moon,
Memories of the taste of her red almond lips robs my heart of its ease
Even the waving of the hair dotted with red foliage that makes me swoon.
My heart! I would buss your chest!
Even to reach your soul!
But for these heaving hills beneath your vest
Dotted with little even debonair boulders and crowned with the glory of coal.
Prithee my lady, as I ride you on this long black finger,
Let me find the renown black forest of peace,
That soft haven of hairy heather,
And there shall my imbroglio find its release.
Lady of love, let us sport together in the dark,
Or below yon' winking luminaries,
'else the universe be consumed by our tindered spark
Or our frolic forbidden by vicious decrees!
Let us strive, together, to detain our breath
With fervour, to abide in this furnace of ardour
till, my princess of the earth,
We sail speedily into the sunset where awaits no censure.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Amor Naturalis by Oke Christopher )
- Time is Change, Taqueia Brown
- The Very First Days of Autumn, Hebert Logerie
- Red, Nate Crow
- Always wrong, hasmukh amathalal
- Satan's obsessions, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- War (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Finally hope fades away, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What can we do not to sin again? ? ? ?, ademola oluwabusayo
- Childhood collection poem -4, soulful heart
- Tell me you love me, Tiku akp
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)