Lovely princess of life,
She, the genuine beauty of existence!
Nary is her kind rife,
For she is the wild and the garden in the fence!
Beloved's voice is the music of the breeze,
By night on my bed I see the silver lining of her eyes in the moon,
Memories of the taste of her red almond lips robs my heart of its ease
Even the waving of the hair dotted with red foliage that makes me swoon.
My heart! I would buss your chest!
Even to reach your soul!
But for these heaving hills beneath your vest
Dotted with little even debonair boulders and crowned with the glory of coal.
Prithee my lady, as I ride you on this long black finger,
Let me find the renown black forest of peace,
That soft haven of hairy heather,
And there shall my imbroglio find its release.
Lady of love, let us sport together in the dark,
Or below yon' winking luminaries,
'else the universe be consumed by our tindered spark
Or our frolic forbidden by vicious decrees!
Let us strive, together, to detain our breath
With fervour, to abide in this furnace of ardour
till, my princess of the earth,
We sail speedily into the sunset where awaits no censure.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Amor Naturalis by Oke Christopher )
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Leading Me Home, Heather Burns
- She's mad at me today, Louis Borgo
- An Event, Heather Burns
- Hiding In The Open In Her Room, Is It Poetry
- All Hallows Eve, David Lewis Paget
- The Devil Twists God's Words & Desires., Tom Zart
- Naturality, michael walkerjohn
- time, lee fones
- I Saw You Today, Raven McCall
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- If I Knew Someone Cared, Nicole Rawls
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- CHERYL winter
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)