Lovely princess of life,
She, the genuine beauty of existence!
Nary is her kind rife,
For she is the wild and the garden in the fence!
Beloved's voice is the music of the breeze,
By night on my bed I see the silver lining of her eyes in the moon,
Memories of the taste of her red almond lips robs my heart of its ease
Even the waving of the hair dotted with red foliage that makes me swoon.
My heart! I would buss your chest!
Even to reach your soul!
But for these heaving hills beneath your vest
Dotted with little even debonair boulders and crowned with the glory of coal.
Prithee my lady, as I ride you on this long black finger,
Let me find the renown black forest of peace,
That soft haven of hairy heather,
And there shall my imbroglio find its release.
Lady of love, let us sport together in the dark,
Or below yon' winking luminaries,
'else the universe be consumed by our tindered spark
Or our frolic forbidden by vicious decrees!
Let us strive, together, to detain our breath
With fervour, to abide in this furnace of ardour
till, my princess of the earth,
We sail speedily into the sunset where awaits no censure.
Oke Christopher's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Amor Naturalis by Oke Christopher )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Cloud In Trousers - part I, Vladimir Vladimirovich Mayak ..
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- So Let Us Love, Edmund Spenser
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies
- I Live, Tanja Henderson
- This year, maryline vautravers