Amongst The Shadows
Where am I going? I don't know,
Head is spinning, thoughts are low,
This energy lost to sad dispair,
To live again, my spirit grow.
I've lost the spark, the real connection,
I'm heading in the wrong direction,
A mere shadow of myself,
I need to love, to feel affection.
The webs been spun, I've made my bed,
Sad thoughts surround my weary head,
Plagued by my own misery,
Wary of each step I tread.
I'm standing here within the shadows,
I long to walk the fresh green meadows,
Will I always cry for yesterday?
Breathing memories and distant echoes?
I need some real motivation,
I've missed the train here at the station,
The need to catch a falling star,
Maybe then, I'll find true elevation.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Amongst The Shadows by Jayne Davies )
Did you read them?
- Vegas Bikes, Angela K Brown
- Hip Hop Bird, Angela K Brown
- America, Angela K Brown
- Moonly Pride, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Civil Disobedience, Angela K Brown
- Brown Skin, Angela K Brown
- In Spirit With The King, Tone Lyriker
- Knaha Tu Knha Mey! !, Amitava Sur
- Lagacy of a Wave, Bill Cantrell
- To overcome perversion, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns