Amongst The Shadows
Where am I going? I don't know,
Head is spinning, thoughts are low,
This energy lost to sad dispair,
To live again, my spirit grow.
I've lost the spark, the real connection,
I'm heading in the wrong direction,
A mere shadow of myself,
I need to love, to feel affection.
The webs been spun, I've made my bed,
Sad thoughts surround my weary head,
Plagued by my own misery,
Wary of each step I tread.
I'm standing here within the shadows,
I long to walk the fresh green meadows,
Will I always cry for yesterday?
Breathing memories and distant echoes?
I need some real motivation,
I've missed the train here at the station,
The need to catch a falling star,
Maybe then, I'll find true elevation.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Amongst The Shadows by Jayne Davies )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Toll, Adam Latham
- war why war, Jason Callender
- Sleeping Slumber, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Falling, Noradee Castillo
- Listen to the sound, Alex Adeoye
- SATAN'S HORDE, Tom Zart
- To Think It Fine And Dandy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- More Treasured Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak