Amongst The Shadows
Where am I going? I don't know,
Head is spinning, thoughts are low,
This energy lost to sad dispair,
To live again, my spirit grow.
I've lost the spark, the real connection,
I'm heading in the wrong direction,
A mere shadow of myself,
I need to love, to feel affection.
The webs been spun, I've made my bed,
Sad thoughts surround my weary head,
Plagued by my own misery,
Wary of each step I tread.
I'm standing here within the shadows,
I long to walk the fresh green meadows,
Will I always cry for yesterday?
Breathing memories and distant echoes?
I need some real motivation,
I've missed the train here at the station,
The need to catch a falling star,
Maybe then, I'll find true elevation.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Amongst The Shadows by Jayne Davies )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS, Eugene W. Miller
Poem of the Day
- Coming Home, Slim Jay
- 'Words', Katherine York
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney