Is It Poetry
America, You Had Better Be Afraid
No knock raids.
Three thousand in nineteen eighty.
Eighty thousand last year.
First they kill your dogs
bypassing the fourth amendment.
Militarized police departments.
Black hawk helicopters
for a department of fifty cops.
Every federal department
has a swat team.
The master servant relationship
Tanks used in Afghanistan
used against Americans.
To say you deserve it
means you think I deserve it.
If You love America
you had better be afraid.
They will kill you and treat it as a game.
You are the new enemy.
You are the new threat.
You are what they train to kill.
You and your children.
Grandma and grandpa are deadly threats.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (America, You Had Better Be Afraid by Is It Poetry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Ikaw lang, Jesus James Llorico
- SEASONS' PRETTY CLOTHES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Daily Grind, Charles Hice
- Winter (HAIKU), Shqipe Prence
- The Real Robber, Monojit Chatterjee
- Untitle II, Seira LNlee94
- Robbin Williams - RIP, krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- Body and Spirit, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Abiding In Forgiveness, Mwenyeji Spikes
- A SPECIAL LANGUAGE, MOHAMMAD SKATI