America's First Slaves
America's first slaves,
Weren't from Africa,
They came from England.
They came from Ireland.
They came from Scotland.
Many were captured off the streets.
For the ship's overcrowded private reserved seats.
Many were white women and children.
Taken by the villain,
Some slaves were convicts.
Feeling deep conflict,
Sent from overcrowded prisons,
To work slave labor,
Sent early to their graves,
They were America's first slaves.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (America's First Slaves by Patricia Kelley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hugging The Girl, Post Not The Photo, O .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- thank you for stepping on me, Mandolyn Davidson
- आंखौ बासिनाया (मेथाइ), Ronjoy Brahma
- that is not a moon, Mandolyn Davidson
- even clowns fall in love, Mandolyn Davidson
- The Third Eye, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Om; O Meditate You!, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Who Am I, Ronjoy Brahma
- LOVE JESUS, Tom Zart
- Nataraja Shiva- II, Bijay Kant Dubey