Little King of Sorrows
A mundane distraction.
These empty walls of white.
Another empty day.
Another silent night.
Wish upon another star,
Pray with all my might.
Nothing ever changes.
Nothing's ever right.
Heaven come beseech me!
Shower me in light!
I've lost the will to care.
I've lost the will to fight.
Oh...to be so desperate.
Oh...to live in fright.
Tempted for that apple,
What a tragic little bite.
Save me from the darkness!
Free my soul for flight!
With everything I am I pray,
Amen with all my might.
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Amen by Little King of Sorrows )
- Elli's Whisper (A Bird's FairyTale), Kewayne Wadley
- Wild Flower, Bernard Snyder
- Can't Cuddle Now, Lawrence Beck
- That City, Waltz For Zizi
- Heart and Soul, Arthur Carman
- Are You Real?, Noah Body
- My Life, Arthur Carman
- Chunk for Whom?, kassem oude
- Letter to Kitty, Arthur Carman
- i miss you like i miss you like,, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)