The trouble with the greasy pole is this,
its slippage demands, you stand,
on someone elses shoulder,
and tightly must you hold
the ankles above and maybe the shoes.
The one above too does the same.
The position is precarious,
should slippage come, and grip
and then like Icarus
The pole is not so good,
it is a greasy pole.
Bernard Kennedy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ambition by Bernard Kennedy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Crashing Waves(Seas of Memories), Jason J. Yu
- Light of the Crescent Moon, Rogers Joseph Brown
- Newly Wed Thoughts, Jason J. Yu
- Composition(Concerto of Life), Jason J. Yu
- Love, Jason J. Yu
- Why abuse black?, hasmukh amathalal
- The Idler(Skin Deep), Jason J. Yu
- Cities, Jason J. Yu
- Loser, Jason J. Yu
- Poetry in Motion, Jason J. Yu