Alysia, while hope burns bright,
Let confidence excel,
You choose to walk within the light,
So that your life goes well...
I sense the time is near to share
And whisper love in every prayer...
Alysia, two lips you own,
Let love transform each kiss,
You are a princess on a throne,
Success is more than this...
I pray God grants you grace to spare
And miracles beyond compare...
Alysia, that is your name,
Like no-one else on Earth,
You shine as strong as any flame,
So never doubt your worth...
I know that love is everywhere
And ever more for one so fair...
Denis Martindale, copyright, November 2013.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alysia by Denis Martindale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Read yourself, Eleonora Bistrianu
- State dictates people to be violent, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Just After Dawn, David Harris
- Graveyard, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Moments, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Stasying the Course, John F. McCullagh
- Preposterous, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- The Little Wood, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Moral Roundabout, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Old Wheelwright, Ruth Manning-Sanders