Alysia, while hope burns bright,
Let confidence excel,
You choose to walk within the light,
So that your life goes well...
I sense the time is near to share
And whisper love in every prayer...
Alysia, two lips you own,
Let love transform each kiss,
You are a princess on a throne,
Success is more than this...
I pray God grants you grace to spare
And miracles beyond compare...
Alysia, that is your name,
Like no-one else on Earth,
You shine as strong as any flame,
So never doubt your worth...
I know that love is everywhere
And ever more for one so fair...
Denis Martindale, copyright, November 2013.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alysia by Denis Martindale )
- Dying roosters, Nikola Pajtic
- Narcissus, Mark Heathcote
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns