Alysia, while hope burns bright,
Let confidence excel,
You choose to walk within the light,
So that your life goes well...
I sense the time is near to share
And whisper love in every prayer...
Alysia, two lips you own,
Let love transform each kiss,
You are a princess on a throne,
Success is more than this...
I pray God grants you grace to spare
And miracles beyond compare...
Alysia, that is your name,
Like no-one else on Earth,
You shine as strong as any flame,
So never doubt your worth...
I know that love is everywhere
And ever more for one so fair...
Denis Martindale, copyright, November 2013.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alysia by Denis Martindale )
- Harken, The Rain comest, Sir Toby Moses
- I am blind, Aftab Alam
- One Half of a Love, michael walkerjohn
- Separated Hearts, Michael Mira
- >> Orphanage, Abdul Wahab
- Visible pain, hasmukh amathalal
- a, Vera Sidhwa
- Not be easy, hasmukh amathalal
- So heavily inbuilt, hasmukh amathalal
- Roads of Pain, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- .....You Ask How Much I Love You (best l.., Charles Wiles
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)