Thought of us as always beautiful. You and I
Before the skies first burnt our eyes,
Back when in our minds were no present lies:
Every previous time.
A present, one of a kind, has been
How then it was thought we'd never die.
These bodies, rotting, would feel alive.
An extra chance, additional hook in line,
Would come, land, through the book of sire.
Father, who art thou in remembrance, choir,
For the hymns have failed to freeze fire?
I stare at my hands,
As a student suggests their shake never ends.
What a weird thing is this, in the end.
Edwin Cordero's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Always Beautiful by Edwin Cordero )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Don't Leave Me Alone, love green
- The Cry and Smile, Meena Somasundaram
- My First Lover, love green
- Learn To Be More Appreciative, Ronell Warren Alman
- Comprehend, Sadiqullah Khan
- Don't Pretend, love green
- You Whip-Tongued, Sadiqullah Khan
- Through Thick and Thin, Sadiqullah Khan
- You're Not A Man At All, love green
- Eternity Calls..., John Ugolo Umah