Always Be Near
Over the last two days I ran and ran to ran from my fears.
Causing aches and blisters from my legs to my heart feeling much pain.
I had to realize that there was someone next to me and would not go away, but would always be near.
This caused me to think of all my thoughts and to trust and keep up and have nothing to lose but gain.
So as both races went by I had a lot to think about and knew I would not let Satan overtake.
I could see the distance get shorter and short to the finish line.
As I knew the time will come that I would be given a break.
Causing me to yell with heart to say, ”thanks to Jesus for willing to being mine.”
Frank Pulver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Always Be Near by Frank Pulver )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Sir Rabindranath Tagore