I could describe your beauty in a thousand words,
Though that has been done by many before.
I could squeal my admiration of your blue eyes,
Though it goes without saying, so I will say no more.
I could compare your face and skin to the seasons,
With sweet analogies of each of the four.
Or I could claim our love to be like fire
Though I have not been burnt so how could I be sure?
Hence while such lovely sentiments could make you blush
In response to my words alluring and nice,
Phrases like such do not breed true love
And thus they will certainly never suffice.
So then what aid remains at my disposal
Which can unrender my feelings latent?
I could bellow and shout voraciously
Though you may muddle the message that is sent.
Instead I will write you these: the following lines
And sing them in each room, and down the hallways:
I loved you before, and I love you now,
In fact I will love you forever and always!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Always by Jack Growden )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- putin and napoleon, co the skipper
- Poet And Poem, Ruma Chaudhuri
- My Dream, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara