A was once an ant,
In the groundy
A was once a little ant,
Fa ntsy anty,
B was once a little bat,
B umpy smacky
C was once a little cat,
F atty batty,
C was once a little cow,
D was once a little dog,
E was once the whole wide earth,
It gave birthy
To this new earthy,
This whole wide earth!
G was once a little goat,
Baa, baa oaty,
H was once a little hawk,
I was once a little iguana,
J was once a little juke box,
Little juke box!
K was once a little kit,
Ic ky kitty,
L was once little lion,
G ooey zion,
M is an 'm' you see,
Now 'm' is a moose you see,
But she doesn't want to be!
O was once a little ox,
Run run oxy,
P was once a plump old lady,
Little old lady!
Q was once a little quail,
Quaily,< br>Paly quaily,
S was once a little snake,
Sakey,In a jungel,
T was once a little turtle,
U was once a little unicorn,
In a barn,
V was once a little van,
D rive really fasty,
W was once a little witch,
Fly real high,
X was once a little x-man,
X-man has big claws,
Y was once a little yarn,
Z was once a little zucchini,
Little letter z!
Edward Lear's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alphabet Poem by Edward Lear )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- To See Him Again, Gabriela Mistral
- A Single Black Rose, Michael Koelliker
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Soul and air, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Flowers, Clovisvaldo Marques Baleeiro
- My Poetic Existence, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Safety In Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Death defies planning., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Vanaprastha, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Broken vision, Lubinda Lubinda
- Two hands to kill, hasmukh amathalal
- With few bucks, hasmukh amathalal
- Nature's love and hate song, Anu Shraddha