Along The Way
Is there one living soul on earth?
Or ever has there been?
Untouched by persecution?
Free from guilt and sin?
Worry ne'er reached the mind?
Oppression stood its ground?
No reason e're to be distressed?
A life, of simplicity unbound.
Wishing I could meet this one,
Ask of the question how,
Escaping all life's failures,
With words, I dare avow.
Oh somewhere in the distance,
Buried deep there lay a plan,
Long forgotten along the way,
Common Ground for all of man.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Along The Way by G.R. Gaus )
- Senryu As They Float, Heather Burns
- Senryu Our Lives, Heather Burns
- Water, Water, Harley White
- Heart's Remembrance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Oldest Daughters, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Behind my curtain, Barbara Dixion
- Facebook / Anonymous, Kewayne Wadley
- Senryu Searching, Heather Burns
- Lost, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- Face Down Novel, Lonnie Hicks
Poem of the Day
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Everything, Anna Akhmatova
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns