Along The Way
Is there one living soul on earth?
Or ever has there been?
Untouched by persecution?
Free from guilt and sin?
Worry ne'er reached the mind?
Oppression stood its ground?
No reason e're to be distressed?
A life, of simplicity unbound.
Wishing I could meet this one,
Ask of the question how,
Escaping all life's failures,
With words, I dare avow.
Oh somewhere in the distance,
Buried deep there lay a plan,
Long forgotten along the way,
Common Ground for all of man.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Along The Way by G.R. Gaus )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Woman, callum marvin
- Interior Light Shining, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- "Baby talk", Mark Heathcote
- GAZA'S TRIUMPH IS EVERYONE'S, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Wondering Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shadows Leading Me, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fairness!, Clarence Prince
- At Her Feet, Naveed Akram
- Enjoying Interior Sensations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Know everything at least, gajanan mishra