Alone with a dark-haired beauty
First time alone with a girl since...
Yearned so to touch her; to caress
Wanted her to touch, to hold me
Missin' the feel of a first kiss
Overwhelmin'; perfume makin'
My head spin; intoxicatin'
Brought back thoughts of......
Found the courage to go back there
Back to the time, back to the place
The room where he had not been since...
Walked in, forced down regret
Her scent, her perfume, still lingered
She liked to sleep naked; she thought
She needed nothin' more than a
Few drops of Chanel No.5
Walked to the bed
Into the past
Picked up and held
Her down pillow
Pressed to his face
Breathed in deeply
Awash with her
Her scent, her essence, her presence
Felt so dizzy, had to sit down
But there were no tears, not any
Life had wrenched away every tear
Held on to what was left, alone
© Cowboy Coleridge
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Alone by MacGregor Tagliaferro )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Robo-Driver, douglas scotney
- Life of butterfly, gajanan mishra
- So many waters, gajanan mishra
- Mary-Lou and Warburton Mountain, douglas scotney
- HAIKU 2, Cheryl Griffith
- Collect Call to: F. J. Thomas..., Monk E. Biz
- Bed Time, Michael McParland
- Trepidation, Laura Milner
- Yes September, gajanan mishra
- A RAINING AFTER DROUGHT, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..