Alone..... what a heart-wrenching word,
Alone..... empty space all around,
Spinning alone on a revolving orb,
No one's making a sound
Alone..... drifting on restless waves,
Alone..... on a stormy sea,
The desperate hours of loneliness
Alone..... time to ponder it all,
Alone..... now the questions form,
Why did the captain abandon ship?
My boat drifts alone in the storm
Alone..... no one in the temple,
Alone..... not a prayer being said,
The Lord has closed his eyes and his ears,
Did someone say he was dead?
Alone..... I carry the burden,
Alone..... I stumble through it all,
Not a spirit nor an angel abides.....
No one to see when I fall
Alone..... if there should be laughter,
Alone..... if there should be tears,
Intertwined with innumerable threads....
It's the sum of all my fears
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone by Lora Colon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Toll, Adam Latham
- war why war, Jason Callender
- Sleeping Slumber, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Falling, Noradee Castillo
- Listen to the sound, Alex Adeoye
- SATAN'S HORDE, Tom Zart
- To Think It Fine And Dandy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- More Treasured Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Who Am I?, Liilia Talts Morrison
- That 'Is' A Nice Car, Lawrence S. Pertillar