I'm not decrepit
I'm not distraught
I can think and I know very clearly
I'm not the reason for my loneliness.
If the world doesn't like me
if the world is dastardly
why should I give up my veracity.
If the world has a bitter tongue
why should I depend on their words.
If criticizing is their job
then being diligent is my success.
I know this is not the end of the world,
loneliness wouldn't kill me.
I don't need the world to hold me
I can achieve success alone.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone by RUBAB ATWAL )
- Baonw Haya Ang, Boro Brahma
- If People Were Pooches, Rachel LeBaron
- My heart needs a rest, Jesus James Llorico
- Empty life حياة فارغة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Elizabeth my Muse of love poetry., Erato
- I Am Not, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Empty life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Met Tuckerpuppy and Twittermouse, Bruce Larkin
- Longings et. Al., Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- About Tuckerpuppy, Bruce Larkin
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)