Paula M. Puddephatt
Almost safe inside my sanctuary -
it's not that I'm afraid of solitude.
Yes, there is loneliness, but why delude
myself? In my heart, I must stay wary.
People will hurt you once your guard is down.
Hurt upon hurt - it gets hard to repair.
Still, I find that, in the end, I do care.
With no lifebelt, I fear that I might drown.
I just don't know the answers any more -
as if I ever did. Does anyone?
Select a star to make a wish upon.
Remember not to double-lock the door.
I thought that I'd be safe here but I'm not.
I sense the final chapters in 'their' plot.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Almost Safe by Paula M. Puddephatt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Evolution, Is It Poetry
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -36, Ronjoy Brahma
- Tomorrow, Tony Adah
- Confession, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Rain and Water II, Ismim Putera
- Drained Of Everything, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dawn, Winston Edgar Hall
- The Heart's Journey, Connie Marcum Wong
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -35, Ronjoy Brahma
- Not To Take What They Do That Deep, Lawrence S. Pertillar