All The Good Words
All the good words have already been taken,
No syllables left for the flowery line.
Forgotten expressions, old and forsaken,
How then can I tell you of these feelings of mine?
In song we can conquer the craggiest heights,
Find peace in the valley, romance by the sea,
Go winging with eagles on purposeful flights,
Shrink earthly dimensions in great poetry.
I search for a phrase that is stylishly new,
Amazed by phenomenal beauty I view,
Now carefully using the best and the true,
I love you, I love you, I love you, I do!
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (All The Good Words by Connie Yost )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Box Of Life, John Ugolo Umah
- What A Life!, John Ugolo Umah
- Wondrous Love, BRENDA KANSHABETUMUSHABE
- Look Into Me, John Ugolo Umah
- 'Madness' (Senryu), Mihaela Pirjol
- Artists (Senryu), Mihaela Pirjol
- heart of den, ademola oluwabusayo
- Rain, Neela Nath
- Somehow...Someway, Charles Hancock
- Truly Inspiring, Electric Lady