All The Good Words
All the good words have already been taken,
No syllables left for the flowery line.
Forgotten expressions, old and forsaken,
How then can I tell you of these feelings of mine?
In song we can conquer the craggiest heights,
Find peace in the valley, romance by the sea,
Go winging with eagles on purposeful flights,
Shrink earthly dimensions in great poetry.
I search for a phrase that is stylishly new,
Amazed by phenomenal beauty I view,
Now carefully using the best and the true,
I love you, I love you, I love you, I do!
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (All The Good Words by Connie Yost )
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
- The Hooked & Crooked Men As The Communis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Star chat........., SALINI NAIR
- Chicane, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Just A Few Simple Words, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)