All That I Am
All that I am, all that I can be
Is because you came into me
I felt a sensation, a shiver, and a chill
I lost control, I lost my will.
So many words rushing through my mind
It was like I was out in space, and out of this time.
The words flowed like a brook into the river
Gathering everything in its path to a final destination
Giving me peace, giving me gratification.
Words, so many words with different meanings
Different stories, all waiting to be heard in their
Own time and place, and each one with a different face.
Love, hath, joy, sadness, peace, and sorrow -and none wanting to wait for tomorrow.
I am but a vessel for all of them- for that is “all that I am”
I am but their instrument, their pen, to use me as they see fit
Like a “show and tell” in a classroom.
All that I am – all that I can be, is an instrument
To write poetry.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All That I Am by louis rams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 June 1952 -)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Rainbow's Promise, renu kakkar
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- You are all here, gajanan mishra
- Blue Wedding Bells Ring, Ken e Hall
- The Battleground, Leong Ming Loong
- An inner core, hasmukh amathalal
- Indeed I am no good so by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- 1400 grams of wisdom (Merry Christmas), devon da poet
- Aspirations Inherited, Perveiz Ali
- Chimp Chomp - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Night Sky, Paul Gerard Reed
- '' Life And Death '', bri mar