All That I Am
All that I am, all that I can be
Is because you came into me
I felt a sensation, a shiver, and a chill
I lost control, I lost my will.
So many words rushing through my mind
It was like I was out in space, and out of this time.
The words flowed like a brook into the river
Gathering everything in its path to a final destination
Giving me peace, giving me gratification.
Words, so many words with different meanings
Different stories, all waiting to be heard in their
Own time and place, and each one with a different face.
Love, hath, joy, sadness, peace, and sorrow -and none wanting to wait for tomorrow.
I am but a vessel for all of them- for that is “all that I am”
I am but their instrument, their pen, to use me as they see fit
Like a “show and tell” in a classroom.
All that I am – all that I can be, is an instrument
To write poetry.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All That I Am by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- New Alarm Clock, Ronald Chapman
- Blue Octavo Haiku, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Algonquin Afterthoughts, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- After Eden, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Because We Closed Our Eyes, A.j. Binash
- three, laxami Cards
- For Colin McCahon [NZ Painter: 1919 -1987], Keith Johnson
- Why I never visited NZ from OZ in 1970, Keith Johnson
- Dark Lady, Keith Johnson
- Naboth's vineyard, Gert Strydom