Little King of Sorrows
All said and done
What have I done,
I let my mind run,
Was it selfish of me,
To indulge in some fun?
I held back the rain,
with nothing to gain,
I couldn't distinguish,
the joy from the pain.
All that denial,
I needed to file,
I dumped out my thoughts,
and sifted the pile.
Another fear tossed,
another tear crossed,
strewn all about,
some translation was lost.
The lighting was dim,
as I started to trim,
the dreams I don't need,
were stacked to the brim.
This one's for you,
all shiny and new,
this ones for him,
It's the least I can do.
Take or leave be,
I'm purging you see,
Things not forgotten,
were hindering me.
But now it's okay,
I'll pack this display
hidden from eyesight,
I'll store it away.
Light as feather.
I challenge the weather,
With loving acceptance,
I glued myself together.
Smiles in my bags,
I stretch out my legs,
No stones unturned,
I leave these white flags.
Just hoping your happy,
I'll quit being sappy,
I'm sorry for words,
and rhymes that are crappy.
Just wanted to try,
and I figured out why,
when all's said and done,
Just had to say 'Hi'.
Okay. Goodbye.: -)
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All said and done by Little King of Sorrows )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I Am Nobody, Michael McParland
- Luggage, Kirsty Higginson
- There Is No Place For True Contributor, Pijush Biswas
- Bachchon ka ghar बच्चों का घर, S.D. TIWARI
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis