All men in the whole wide world adore Him whom we adore
All men in the whole wide world adore Him whom we adore;
How could we deny entry, it's a road or open door?
Whatever, whomever we love, our Loved One also loves;
Can the friend of our Friend have something to doubt or abhor?
If you are a true lover, befriend the friend of the Friend;
You would be unfair to your Friend if you stay as you are.
If you truly love, sacrifice yourself to all nations
So that you may be seen as faithful by the lovers' corps.
If you are God's true lover, He will open doors for you;
Give up your pride and tear down your crass selfhood to the core.
Leader and led, meek and rebel, they are all slaves of God;
How can you say to a man: 'Leave your house, come out of there.'
The fact Yunus knows is a word from a hidden treasure:
The Friend's lovers pay no heed to this world or the other.
Yunus Emre's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All men in the whole wide world adore Him whom we adore by Yunus Emre )
- Being Realistic, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Countless tears., Marcondes Pereira
- Unrest Soul: Dark minds, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- me &the dragon, gordon nosworthy
- A Free Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dissolved, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Go boothward young doves, moez meftah
- To Someone Special On Poemhunter, Electric Lady
- Thank You: from a dear friend, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Memories, anthony john cerrito, sr.
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)