I took a gamble!
put my soulful thoughts around the hangmans noose
my flesh stained by the dye of tragic tears...faded colors diluted by wishful thinking and worn out dreams
deeply imbedded in childish fears.
I closed my eyes and dreamed some more
the nightmare continues...
still you wait, no rhyme or reason?
You turn me inside out with every season.
Change follows, a newborn heart
yearning breath invades a watchful start
and in the birth of lips from me to you
my love will always be....forever new! .
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All In by Martina Moriarty )
- O men, worship Kali, gajanan mishra
- pantoum: landing, 1976, Evie Shockley
- To Voice Anew so Listen, michael walkerjohn
- On New Year's Eve, Evie Shockley
- Lifeline, Evie Shockley
- Her Tin Skin, Evie Shockley
- From The Lost Letters of Frederick Dougl.., Evie Shockley
- Seeking Sanity, michael walkerjohn
- — Shall Become As —, Evie Shockley
- I am indeed, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)