All I Was Doing Was Breathing
Something has reached out and taken in the beams of my eyes.
There is a longing, it is for his body, for every hair of that dark body.
All I was doing was being, and the Dancing Energy came by my house.
His face looks curiously like the moon, I saw it from the side, smiling.
My family says: 'Don't ever see him again!' And they imply things in a low voice.
But my eyes have their own life; they laugh at rules, and know whose they are.
I believe I can bear on my shoulders whatever you want to say of me.
Mira says: Without the energy that lifts mountains, how am I to live?
Mirabai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All I Was Doing Was Breathing by Mirabai )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Under The Lantern Light I Used To Read, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Oh, never more!, Nero CaroZiv
- Da Monologue [From 'What The Sentinel Sa.., Joseph Archer
- Balances, Smoky Hoss
- Alone And Wretched, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Missing You, Michael P. McParland
- A Wanderer, Noah Body
- Adil Jussawalla A Poet Of The Fragmented.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Villanelle: Nothing so upturns creative .., T (no first name) Wignesan
- यादों का आवागमन............, sanjay kumar maurya