All I Was Doing Was Breathing
Something has reached out and taken in the beams of my eyes.
There is a longing, it is for his body, for every hair of that dark body.
All I was doing was being, and the Dancing Energy came by my house.
His face looks curiously like the moon, I saw it from the side, smiling.
My family says: 'Don't ever see him again!' And they imply things in a low voice.
But my eyes have their own life; they laugh at rules, and know whose they are.
I believe I can bear on my shoulders whatever you want to say of me.
Mira says: Without the energy that lifts mountains, how am I to live?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All I Was Doing Was Breathing by Mirabai )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Think of no dark, hasmukh amathalal
- Paper and Scissors, Kevin Patrick
- Feel equally, hasmukh amathalal
- Long time friend, Angel A. Lockwood
- Slaves Into A New World Order, Terence G. Craddock
- Magritte and This Morning Bewick's Wren, W.M. Rivera
- I Wish You Well, Midnights Voice
- Change, Sandra Feldman
- Bengal Tiger in Trouble, rohan bendre
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman