All I Was Doing Was Breathing
Something has reached out and taken in the beams of my eyes.
There is a longing, it is for his body, for every hair of that dark body.
All I was doing was being, and the Dancing Energy came by my house.
His face looks curiously like the moon, I saw it from the side, smiling.
My family says: 'Don't ever see him again!' And they imply things in a low voice.
But my eyes have their own life; they laugh at rules, and know whose they are.
I believe I can bear on my shoulders whatever you want to say of me.
Mira says: Without the energy that lifts mountains, how am I to live?
Mirabai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All I Was Doing Was Breathing by Mirabai )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Crystal Consciousness, Margaret Alice Second
- Invest the present, gajanan mishra
- Free Gaff! !, Damian Murphy
- Blizzards are not snows, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- w0rk ya mAjiK - (Selah (take a moment to.., sEaN nOrTh
- At the End of the Rainbow, Reagan A. Latumbo
- yeah you got all the answers i know - an.., sEaN nOrTh
- Life-death bicycle, gajanan mishra
- Broken Not Forgotten, Melissa Furey
- 2 ReaD A LinE Or 2 - Sh# ThaT they $mOkE.., sEaN nOrTh