All I Was Doing Was Breathing
Something has reached out and taken in the beams of my eyes.
There is a longing, it is for his body, for every hair of that dark body.
All I was doing was being, and the Dancing Energy came by my house.
His face looks curiously like the moon, I saw it from the side, smiling.
My family says: 'Don't ever see him again!' And they imply things in a low voice.
But my eyes have their own life; they laugh at rules, and know whose they are.
I believe I can bear on my shoulders whatever you want to say of me.
Mira says: Without the energy that lifts mountains, how am I to live?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All I Was Doing Was Breathing by Mirabai )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Buffalomen Too Leaders In Bihar, Those W.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Lily In The Valley, Dexsta Ray
- Lallu And Kallu Two Rustic Ministers Fro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Unsatisfaction, The Moonlighter
- een onmogelijk toekomst, co the skipper
- Hey, Mister Sadducee!, Jovica Tasevski Eternijan
- Feast, Jovica Tasevski Eternijan
- Teeth, Phil Soar
- Life Withers Away..., sayantani choudhury
- Lynx, Phil Soar