The Silent Sword
All He Can Do
Lying together on the cool grass-
Her head resting on his chest,
His arm around her, his hand in hers-
She looks up at the starlight.
In the past, they have told her many things.
From alleviating her pain,
To granting her eternal joy,
To promising her their soul...
...and it never worked out with any of them.
But with him,
It was different.
And she wondered why.
'What would you do for me? ' she asked.
He spoke softly, 'I would do the only thing I can.'
She hesitated. 'And what's that? '
He sat up, and she faced him.
Looking her in the eyes, he said,
'You, I would unconditionally
As long as I live.'
The Silent Sword's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Gentlemen. Do the only thing you can for her.
Ladies. Don't ask for anything more.
Comments about this poem (All He Can Do by The Silent Sword )
- Could he be right?, Von Kimball Barney
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul
- Winterchill, Richard Provencher