I sit at home with nothing to do, I ‘m all alone and feeling blue
Where did the time go? That it went so fast!
I was looking at the future and now it’s my past.
I chose to ignore love because I felt I had time.
Why oh why? Was I so blind!
Now I’m all alone with my heart in my hand
With no one beside me who could understand.
No one really wants to be on their own
And in their face it is shown!
I look ahead to what the future may bring
But all I see is pain and misery.
No one to share the comfort of my bed
This is something that I now dread.
No one to converse with, or to share a meal
No one can see what I feel.
I’m getting older and the walls are closing in
Living this life is a downright sin.
I prop the pillow under my head
And wonder if in the morning they’ll find me dead?
I’m in no position to criticize or throw stones
When I’m in this house all alone.
It gets harder as I get older
telling some woman I want to hold her!
Now I have to search for someone who will care
And with me their life they’ll share.
So don’t do what I had done
Being alone isn’t any fun
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (All Alone by louis rams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1923 - 1998)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Are You Drinking?, Charles Bukowski
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Coming Home, Slim Jay
- 'Words', Katherine York
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney