Ivan Donn Carswell
A message came from Aliana Grace
to say the thongs – okay, ‘havaianas’
were unerringly what every little girl
would need first day she walks outside.
Aliana reached three weeks today, tho’
very sweet and much advanced I think
her chances of a promenade outdoors
in pretty pink will be a while delayed.
Yet judging her dexterity in SMS I’ll
have to think again – if she’s a prodigy
her ‘havaianas’ I deduce will certainly
be graced as well as glissé ballet shoes.
© 31 January 2010, I. D. Carswell
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aliana Grace by Ivan Donn Carswell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Affinity with truth for all times, gajanan mishra
- Affinity with truth, gajanan mishra
- To the dodo, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj