Ivan Donn Carswell
A message came from Aliana Grace
to say the thongs – okay, ‘havaianas’
were unerringly what every little girl
would need first day she walks outside.
Aliana reached three weeks today, tho’
very sweet and much advanced I think
her chances of a promenade outdoors
in pretty pink will be a while delayed.
Yet judging her dexterity in SMS I’ll
have to think again – if she’s a prodigy
her ‘havaianas’ I deduce will certainly
be graced as well as glissé ballet shoes.
© 31 January 2010, I. D. Carswell
Ivan Donn Carswell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aliana Grace by Ivan Donn Carswell )
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck
- Turn Your Back, Tyrone Gayle
- My name is Death, Roxanne Dubarry
- Paleolithic Mermaid, Robert Rorabeck