Alhabib Ali Algifry
No ‘Alem’ or religious lecturer
After al she’rawi, except
Alhabib Ali Algefry
Could capture my mind,
No one could make my brain
Bow with respect but him,
With all the difference
Between the field of study
Of the two men,
It can be said their words are like
A light house
To lost ships.
So what if Alhabib Ali did nod
Shook his head, or even
Danced with some steps
In a circle with friends
Out of enchantment after
Listening to a song about
So what if he divorced
A wife and married
So what if he has some
Personal problems with
Women or men so what?
God will light his way to
Solve personal problems
As he lights people’s way
So what if he has a little touch
Of a cunningness in his stare,
To protect himself,
So what? !
Is not he a normal being?
Who can be sad and can be happy?
Did not the prophet companions
Had problems with their wives every now and then?
Did not prophet Mohammad
Himself divorced a wife before wedding?
Did not he, peace be upon him,
Want to divorce ‘Sawdah’,
But She gave her night to Eishah
So That she can be his wife in Paradise.
What happened to Muslims
To Insult people who educate Them?
Why when you say I like so and so
Alem’s logic, everybody jump to poison your
Thoughts about him.
If you are not convinced by a sheikh,
Or religious lecturer
Say so, but do not insult;
I do not like tribal educator,
Especially those who insist
That it is compulsory for
A woman to cover her face,
But I do not insult them,
Nor I follow their simple human
Mistakes to enlarge them,
‘Alems’ have the right to have
Different political or personal
View on life,
Who are we to confine them,
Or oppress them to follow
One line or channel in life,
Alems’ fleshes are poisoned
So it is said,
So beware you who
Enjoys humiliating them.
14 April 2013
nadia abduljabbar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alhabib Ali Algifry by nadia abduljabbar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai
- There is a Configuration of the Universe, michael walkerjohn
- R e D *) I c E... (r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A childhood lamentation, Juwon Daniel
- ` The Quiets..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR