Alon Calinao Dy
Beers, wines and spirits
Produce some relaxant effects.
Addiction to alcohol
Puts you into a pothole.
You drink alcohol as a daily habit.
You sip it like a natural water.
Just in a bit,
Your life is in danger.
You think it's fun and you're hot.
But you are not!
Intoxication and dehydration
Are some mild effects.
You live in fear and escape problems.
You think alcohol is the answer.
Cirrhosis, brain damage and cancer
Are the irreversible effects.
If you want to live longer,
Be smarter than your doctor.
Vodka, gin, tequila, whisky, brandy...
Put them all away!
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Alcoholism by Alon Calinao Dy )
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Butterfly Kite Haiku, Chenou Liu
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris