Alon Calinao Dy
Beers, wines and spirits
Produce some relaxant effects.
Addiction to alcohol
Puts you into a pothole.
You drink alcohol as a daily habit.
You sip it like a natural water.
Just in a bit,
Your life is in danger.
You think it's fun and you're hot.
But you are not!
Intoxication and dehydration
Are some mild effects.
You live in fear and escape problems.
You think alcohol is the answer.
Cirrhosis, brain damage and cancer
Are the irreversible effects.
If you want to live longer,
Be smarter than your doctor.
Vodka, gin, tequila, whisky, brandy...
Put them all away!
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Alcoholism by Alon Calinao Dy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- When You Speak to Your God, Robert Kane
- Maiden Of Ekwensu, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Whom to, gajanan mishra
- Holy place, hasmukh amathalal
- y0ur gR0uNd uP wAtEr makEs the wind so c.., sEaN nOrTh
- The friends, hasmukh amathalal
- Haa maine mela dekha hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Two breaths, Christian Lacdael
- Archeologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- In last leg, hasmukh amathalal