ALCOHOLICS I KNEW... FEB 15TH,2014
ALCOHOLICS I KNEW … FEB 15TH,2014
Alcoholics seldom say how dependent they are on booze,
Or that their social lives evolve around bottles so we can’t accuse,
They are just normal people with a secret problem, you may know,
Their future suicide may be mentioned but never published though.
As they stand with their friends at the door of the liquor store,
Waiting for the place to open because they always need more,
They are health-problem customers and nothing is wrong,
You would never know though because they all look quite big and strong.
Unfortunately several of my old friends went that way,
Sad suicide stories but they just did it and passed away,
Someone may have an answer to this problem but I doubt it though,
Seldom discussed in the taverns because it was long ago.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ALCOHOLICS I KNEW... FEB 15TH,2014 by James Bredin )
- Prayer, Naveed Khalid
- Heart Thieves, douglas scotney
- The CPI(M) , The Aim & Motive of It (The.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rings I Have Worn, Susan Lacovara
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki