Alchemy of Love
Why do you love me?
Is it for my happiness or yours?
If I obstruct you to love me
Will it be turn into hatred?
Do you do something
For me in the hope of return?
If I do not give you any fruit
Or satisfy your desire
Will you not stop doing anything?
All these questions may offend you
And your love
May turned into concealed hatred
The truth is
There is no love
But it is a semblance of love
In fact the love is a form of hatred
It exists within
Is there no way to give birth
Or help to bloom the flower of love?
Love is neither born
Or die, it is there, eternal
The only way is to kill hatred
By plucking the stone of it
From the stream of love
And see your face
In the mirrors of animate and inanimate
Or be the mirrors both of them
Love will start to flow
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alchemy of Love by Abdul Wahab )
Did you read them?
- Epigram—The Toad-eater, Robert Burns
- Second Epistle to Robert Graham, Esq., o.., Robert Burns
- CRAZY COTTON LIMERICK, Philo Yan
- The Calf, Robert Burns
- The Sometime Sportsman Greets the Spring, John Updike
- In The Shadow of Darkness, Adeosun Pelumi
- Mally's meek, Mally's sweet, Robert Burns
- Planting Trees, John Updike
- I Missed His Book, But I Read His Name, John Updike
- The Purple Island, Phineas Fletcher
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Naming of Parts, Henry Reed
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Heather Burns