Alchemy of Love
Why do you love me?
Is it for my happiness or yours?
If I obstruct you to love me
Will it be turn into hatred?
Do you do something
For me in the hope of return?
If I do not give you any fruit
Or satisfy your desire
Will you not stop doing anything?
All these questions may offend you
And your love
May turned into concealed hatred
The truth is
There is no love
But it is a semblance of love
In fact the love is a form of hatred
It exists within
Is there no way to give birth
Or help to bloom the flower of love?
Love is neither born
Or die, it is there, eternal
The only way is to kill hatred
By plucking the stone of it
From the stream of love
And see your face
In the mirrors of animate and inanimate
Or be the mirrors both of them
Love will start to flow
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alchemy of Love by Abdul Wahab )
Did you read them?
- My Words, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Sealed, Valerie Dohren
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- The Futility Of Illusions, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
- The ache, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Ein schmaler Streifen kahler Klippen, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We've Got to Tear These Fences Down Yeah!, David Clinch
- It's My Home, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In the Sun's Falsetto, Kewayne Wadley
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Identity, Cyrus Diaz
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Human Abstract, William Blake
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Udiah (witness to Yah)