Little Cloud Is Sad(Lai)
The Lai as verse form is:
a narrative, tells a story.
usually a nonet,9 lines made up of 3 tercets.
rhymed, rhyme scheme aab aab aab.
syllabic, syllables per line are 5-5-2 5-5-2 5-5-2
Tradition states that the short line must not be indented; it must be left dressed to the poem.
Little Cloud Is Sad
Little cloud is sad
As big clouds are glad
Without him.Too sad
Little cloud left bad
Seeks sun's help to add
A gold seam to play aired
Indira Renganathan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The Lai is a short story in verse. In its strictest form it is a verse form with a rhymed syllabic pattern in three tercets.
Comments about this poem (Alankar(Decor) -152 by Indira Renganathan )
Did you read them?
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- fortress of solutude, ademola oluwabusayo
- Never Feeling The Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Change Is Needed, Edward Kofi Louis
- How Can She Learn?, Edward Kofi Louis
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak