Little Cloud Is Sad(Lai)
The Lai as verse form is:
a narrative, tells a story.
usually a nonet,9 lines made up of 3 tercets.
rhymed, rhyme scheme aab aab aab.
syllabic, syllables per line are 5-5-2 5-5-2 5-5-2
Tradition states that the short line must not be indented; it must be left dressed to the poem.
Little Cloud Is Sad
Little cloud is sad
As big clouds are glad
Without him.Too sad
Little cloud left bad
Seeks sun's help to add
A gold seam to play aired
Indira Renganathan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The Lai is a short story in verse. In its strictest form it is a verse form with a rhymed syllabic pattern in three tercets.
Comments about this poem (Alankar(Decor) -152 by Indira Renganathan )
- Mercenary, Babatunde Aremu
- Then, SALINI NAIR
- Beauty Does Shine, Rohit Sapra
- The Poster Girl's Defence, Carolyn Wells
- The love obituary, Kenneth Maswabi
- Marina Tsvetaeva Every poem is a child.., valentin savin
- Tribute to Otieno Kajwang (Bwana Bado Ma.., Amos O. Ojwang'
- On A Calm Summer Night, Eve Carter
- Accepting Human Nature, Ima Ryma
- and then a cliff where i fall again., RIC S. BASTASA
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Coat, William Butler Yeats
- November, Thomas Hood
- You Being Born, Brian Jones
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)